Gain access to these resources plus receive special offers and discounted prices
on training and some of our online store products
FIND OUT MORE
Posted by Network SA on Wednesday, March 07, 2018
Celebrating Australia's Cultural Diversity
The message of Harmony Day is ‘everyone belongs’, so let’s wear the colour orange on this day to show we are a vibrant multicultural society that supports an inclusive Australia.
Get connected to your Harmony Day community on:
- Facebook: HarmonyDayAUS
- Twitter: HarmonyDay_AU
- Instagram: harmonyday_au
Let’s ask ourselves
- How can we engage people to participate in their community?
- How can we respect cultural diversity in our community?
- How can we foster a sense of belonging for everyone?
Let’s celebrate inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging for everyone!
Locate Harmony Day events in South Australia. Register your event.
Click here to download Harmony Day resources including:
- Make a Harmony Day Paper Doll Chain
- Make a Harmony Day Balloon
- Construct a Harmony Day Badge
- Make a Harmony Day Clickity Clack
- Create a Harmony Day Medal
We also have the following resources that relate to Harmony Day that you could borrow if you're a member of the Aboriginal Resource Centre. Email us your request today firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Cultural Needs, SNAICC, 2012
- Beautiful Colours, Tina Raveneau and Julie Neilson-Kelly, 2010
- Brown like me, Noelle Lamperti, 2002
- Dolls and associated activities to explore diversity and anti-bias
- Jigsaw Puzzles - Families showing diversity in family structure, lifestyle and skin colour
- Respecting Diversity: Articulating early childhood practice, Early Childhood Australia, 2011
- Our Children, Our Culture, Our Way, Photographs from Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families, SNAICC, 2012.
View our online catalogue.
7 March, 2018.